ACLT REGISTRATION DRIVES FOR 2017
Last year (2016) ACLT attended nearly 200 fundraisers and awareness events, with many providing ACLT the opportunity to host donor registration drives. We’ve worked with universities, colleges, schools, churches, corporate organisations, music concerts, theater nights, comedy shows. we worked in conjunction with the MET Police, Black Police Association, London Fire Brigade (LFB), Merseyside Police, and other groups and organisations. Our criteria for hosting a donor drive is; should there be an opportunity to address a large audience ACLT would be happy to be in attendance to use the platform provided to educate and raise awareness on the challenges individuals face living with blood cancer and other illnesses where a stem cell, blood or organ donor is required to save their lives.
Breakdown of donor sign ups in 2016
|Type of Donor||No. of individuals registered*|
|Potential Stem Cell Donors||7207|
*Figures correct as of 13th December 2016
Should you wish to attend one of the many ‘open to the public’ 2017 events where we are registering donors onto the stem cell, blood and organ donor register, please review the details below.
Please only attend the events below which state they’re ‘open to the public’, to avoid any inconvenience from last minute event changes.
2017 – EVENTS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- Saturday 11 March, 12pm – 4pm, Circuit Healthy Fun Day, Park Lane Methodist Church, Park Lane, Wembley, HA9 7SG
- Monday 20 March, 8pm – 10.30pm; Subjectivity Showcase, The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London N1 8LN
- Saturday 20 May, 3pm – 6pm; St Cuthberts Church of England, Langley Close, West Derby, Liverpool L12 0NB
- Sunday 06 August, 12pm – 7pm; JAZZ RE: FEST, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX
2017 – EVENTS CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- Thursday 23 February, 6pm – 10pm; Kings College London ACS – Culture Show, Greenwood Theatre, Weston Street, SE1 3RA
- Friday 24 February, 12pm – 4pm; Metropolitan Police Training Centre, Peel Centre, Aerodrome Road, Hendon NW9 3JE
- Thursday 2nd March, 10am – 12pm; Westminster Kingsway College, 211 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London WC1X 8RA
- Friday 17 March, 9am – 2pm; Bishop Thomas Grant School, Belltrees Grove, Streatham, London SW16 2HY
- Monday 20th March, 10am – 4pm; Shooters Hill Campus, Red Lion Lane, London SE18 4LD
- Friday 24 March, 12pm – 4pm; Metropolitan Police Training Centre, Peel Centre, Aerodrome Road, Hendon NW9 3JE
- Thursday 30 March, 3pm – 5pm; Paxton Academy Primary School, 159 Brigstock Road, Thornton Heath CR7 7JP
When attending an ACLT donor registration drive, you will have the opportunity to join all three donor registers, including the stem cell (bone marrow), blood and organ registries.
You can also pop into our office to join the donor registers. Please call our office telephone number 020 3757 7700 to book an appointment. We can accommodate office appointments from Monday to Friday. Time: 10am till 4pm.
Listed below are the various ways we register individuals as potential donors whilst we’re out and about in the community raising awareness:
IF JOINING THE STEM CELL REGISTER:
- You will join by providing a saliva sample (via Anthony Nolan) OR
- You will join by providing a cheek swab (via DKMS)
- You will join by providing a small blood sample via NHS Blood & Transplant – British Bone Marrow Register (BBMR)
There are three ways you can join the stem cell register. To know which option is right for you, please click HERE
IF JOINING THE BLOOD DONATION REGISTER:
- You will be asked to complete a brief blood donation application form. ACLT will send the completed form back to NHS Blood & Transplant on your behalf. At a later date you will receive (in the post) a letter from NHS Blood & Transplant inviting you to call them on tel no. 0300 123 23 23 to book an appointment to donate blood at a blood donor centre at a convenient location close to your home, place of work or education establishment. Please ensure you have something to eat and drink lots of fluids on the day of your appointment prior to your blood donation
IF JOINING THE ORGAN DONOR REGISTER
- You will complete a short form – that’s it! Within the month you should receive your Organ Donor card via the post. Please ensure you inform your next of kin and loved ones of your wish to donate your organ/s.
Visit the NHS Blood & Transplant website for further details of our joint campaigns. Please CLICK HERE